Chocolate Cherry Drop Cookies
* 5/8 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
* 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Blend in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, mix in the chopped cherries and walnuts. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.