copyright Mary Ann Ross
Cupcakes - Batters Up!
If time is your problem, there is an easy solution using boxed cake mixes and when they are on sale at the grocery store, for example 5 boxes for $8.00, it is a treat of a bargain.
A time recipe for simplicity
· In the morning while you are making breakfast, select a box of cake mix from your shelf
· Mix batter, pour into cupcake liners in a metal muffin tin and bake while the homework is being completed, telling kids to brush their teeth and get dressed
· Hugs and kisses as the children go off to school
· Remove cupcakes from oven and cool
· Place on counter a can of prepared frosting, decorations are an option – everyone frosts their own treat
· Ready for after-school snacks or dessert that night.
I know, I know… sugar, these are sugar treats.
You are right, there is no denying there are healthier snacks but homemade cupcakes by sweet loving Mom every now and then is worth hundreds of kid smiles and hugs.
This is a feel-good project that can be slipped into a hectic morning schedule. Be careful, it may become a habit!
Any batters up for cookies? Same Time Recipe as above using pre-made cookie dough from your local grocery store.
I know, I know… sugar, these are sugar treats!