Richy Lainson, Age 14
|Here is a great project for kids at a party or just to help them preserve memories. This project is easy and inexpensive.
White Glue and Water
Newspaper or Tablecover (to keep work area clean)
- Mix some white glue with a water a little at a time to ensure that it is not too runny.
- Tear tissue paper into pieces - different shapes and sizes.
- Using your paint bush wipe some glue onto a piece of copy paper and apply a piece of tissue. Continue until the entire page is covered - Note: Richy left a small space uncovered for the title of his book.
- When cover is dry - turn it over and add glue to the entire page - place a second piece of copy paper on top of the glue and press together. This will give your cover a sturdy look and feel and keep the page from buckling.
- Fold in half and you have the cover.
- Fold several sheets of copy paper in half and insert into your cover.
- Punch a couple of wholes in the center near the edge and tie with ribbon or string. Or you can staple with a book stapler in the center.
- Have the kids draw, color, add pictures, etc and they can create their memories in a special place to treasure forever.