Valentines - Going Buggy Over You Cupcakes
Used with permission from Wilton Industries -
http://www.wilton.com.Copyright © 2007. All Rights Reserved.
Going Buggy Over You
You will need
- Cake Decorating Tips: #3 & #5
- Cupcake Pan
- Cupcake Liners
- Rose, Black, Red-Red, Christmas Red Icing Colors (Can be purchased here)
- Hearts Remembered Icing Decorations
- Conversation Hearts or any heart-shaped candies
- Your favorite Buttercream Icing Recipe
- Black licorice
One Day in advance, make antennae
Putting it all together...
- Cut licorice into 2 1/2 in. lengths.
- Attach icing decorations to licorice with buttercream icing.
- Allow to dry overnight.
- Combine Red-Red and Christmas Red to produce red shown.
- Make, bake and cool your favorite cupcake recipe.
- Frost cupcakes smooth in buttercream.
- Using cake decorating tip 3, outline mouth in black.
- Fill in the mouth area with a, zigzag and smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch.
- Using cake decorating tip 5, pipe whites dots of eyes, pink dot cheeks and red oval nose.
- Add tip 3 dot eye pupils in black and red outline tongue.
- Insert antennae.
We have Already-made sugar candy in the shape of eyes
in our online catalog.