- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup milk or apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped, peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray pan with vegetable pan spray. In large bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer until they turn a light yellow color. Gradually add sugar, oil, pumpkin, milk and vanilla; beat thoroughly. Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves, if desired, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in apples and, if desired, nuts. Spoon into prepared pan.
Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Makes 10-12 servings.