Posted on February 01, 2016
Adult Supervision Required - Must be done in an outside location
1/4 of an Alka Seltzer tablet
1 Fuji film canister - the kind where the lid fits inside the canister. The others don't work!
1. Fill the film canister 1/2 full with warm water.
2. Drop in 1/4 tablet of Alka Seltzer - no more.
3. Snap the lid tightly into the canister, turn it over on a hard surface, and stand back! The sodium bicarbonate will make the canister launch into the air. If you vary the temperature of the water, your rocket will shoot to different heights. The warmer the water, the higher it will go.
4. If you want to make a rocket launch pad, cut three slits about 1 inch high in the bottom of a toilet paper tube. Bend the slits so you can tape them to a paper plate. You might want to decorate your plate and tube first.
5. When you are ready to launch your rocket, drop the prepared film canister into the toilet paper tube and stand back!
All prices are in USD.