on February 01, 2016
Make your own
- Cover your workspace with newspaper to protect it.
- Place the teabag in a tray and pour hot water onto it. Stir the teabag around to make the water brown. The stronger the color, the darker the paper will be.
- Tear around the edges of the paper to make them rough. Lay the paper in the tea-water for a minute or two, until it gets stained with color.
- Slide the paper out of the tray and hold it up a moment or two to get rid of drips.
- Lay it onto the newspaper and tape around the edges to keep the paper smooth and flat while it dries.
- When dry, draw a "treasure map" on the paper, using crayons in muted colors such as brown and gray. You can make invitations to your pirate party and create the map as directions to your house.
NOTE: To give it a more used rustic look, crumble the paper before placing it into the tea-water. The crinkle lines will dye a little darker.