Posted on February 01, 2016
These are fun to make...
- Make your sugar cookie dough - click here for recipes
- Cut using a circle cookie cutter, biscuit or small glass.
- Lay the first layer onto parchment paper.
- Place jelly or pie filling in center.
- Lay second layer on top and press with a fork around edges - if you don't seal around the edge the filling will run out..
- Transfer to a baking sheet by pulling the parchment paper directly onto the cookie sheet and place in the oven. NOTE: You can keep using parchment paper until it becomes brown and brittle. Makes for easy removal of cookies after baking and easy clean up because you just throw it away.
- Bake at 350 until lightly golden brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack and let cool completely so that inside filling cools.
All prices are in USD.