Posted on February 01, 2016
Tea pot Cake
Submitted by: Diane, Tunes For Tots
Tea Party Cake
1. Divide marzipan in half. Tint half of the marzipan pale yellow. Divide remaining half evenly into 4 separate pieces. Tint each piece with a different food colors.
2. Shape the yellow marzipan into rope and form the handle, lid top and spout; set aside. Sprinkle a sheet of waxed paper with confectioners sugar. Roll out colored marzipan pieces to a 1/8 inch thickness. Using 1 1/2 inch flower and leaf cookie cutters, cutout flowers and leaves. Dry marzipan decorations, uncovered, overnight. Or use the edible sugar flowers and leaves below.
Baking The Cake
1. Preheat over 350F. Spray two 1 1/2 quart ovenproof bowls with vegetable cooking spray; dust lightly with flour.
2. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat cake mix, water and eggs until smooth. Pour batter into prepare bowls; smooth tops.
3. Bake until a toothpick inserted in each center comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Transfer bowls to wire racks; cool for 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto racks; cool completely. Level flat sides of cakes. Trim around 1 inch from one round bottom for lid.
Assembling cake. Spread frosting over flat top of one cake. Top with remaining cake; frost with yellow frosting and decorate with your leaves and flowers.
All prices are in USD.