Submitted by: April Johnson
- Bake two round cakes and seven cupcakes; cool.
- Set one round cake next to the other on a platter to form a bear's head and body.
- Place two cupcakes at the top for ears, two at the sides for arms, and two at the bottom for legs.
- Cut the last cupcake in half, leaving the top intact and set in center of the head to make a nose. Let the kids munch on the bottom half.
- Cover all cakes and cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Make fur with shredded coconut or chocolate sprinkles, add eyes with chocolate chips or tiny Oreo cookies, and make a mouth with red frosting or red licorice.
Paw Cupcake Idea
- Bake or purchase cupcakes.
- For a fury bear - mix coconut into your frosting
- Frost the cupcakes
- Use a vanilla wafer cookie and place on the cupcake for the palm of the bear paw - frost it to match in color and add 3 chocolate chips or Junior Mints for the toes.
- Use a bear shaped cookie cutter and cut out two pieces of bread for each sandwich.
- Create your bear sandwiches with peanut butter and jelly or your child's favorite ingredients.
- Then place a few containers of raisins, M&M's, peanuts, etc. on the table and have the children decorate their sandwich to look like a bear. You can give a prize for the best looking bear, the ugliest, the happiest, etc.
- After their done... they can eat the sandwich.
Other Bear Ideas
They have bear songs and bear crafts, etc.
They have bear snacks, bear songs, bear art, bear science, etc.